Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sati the Elephant starts to put on weight.


Ryan visited me on Saturday morning. Being a horse rider he just had to get up on Sati for a ride.
Ryan on Sati's back, Rawene.
I received some recycled, polystyrene foam packaging from our local engineer who was happy to be rid of the bulky waste from his workshop.

I've begun the process of filling in Sati's left side with polystyrene foam. I began by fitting the foam blocks, cut roughly to shape around the complex surface of Sati's left side torso. I secured the blocks with Kebab skewers driven in to the blocks and into her surface then filled the spaces between with Holdfast Nail Power Pro expanding urethane glue.
It's high summer at the moment, an umbrella allows me to work in the shade.

Sati likes the umrella

Foam blocks slowly cover Sati's anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four new boat portraits.

Water colour on paper. A4 size Water colour on paper. A4 size Water colour on paper. A4 size Water colour on paper. ...